2/28/2010

~Womens Conference~ Thank you Jesus!!!!!!

I had an AMAZING time this weekend, Thank you Kristle for ginving me the opportunity to go, learn more about God and How to make more out of our Friendship. You are an amazing friend and I cannot express how much you mean to me....Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

This weekend I attended an Amazing Girlfirends Womens Conference with a group of friends, It was so moving, so enlightening! I learned that in order to have a relationship of any kind, be it friendship or with a spouse you first must have a healthy relationship with God. You cannot judge anyone by their differnces the only one who can judge is Jesus. You must not fall into temptaions of evil and partaking in evil to others.

I took a class about intimacy in your Marriage and that you have to protect you husband from temptaion, and you must be the one who temps your husband. You must create a hedge of protection in your marriage, and also be appealing to your husband.
"Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to Prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control"
~ 1 Corinthians 7:5 

  "Love is patient, Love is Kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Its always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always presevers." ~ 1 Corinthians 13:4 - 13:7


I also took a class about bringing up your children in Gods word and teaching them to have a relationship with Jesus. As parents we must help our Children know Jesus, and know Scripture. We must teach it and live it. Be an example of Gods word so they can be examples too.

     "Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these"" ~Matthew 19:14

   "Jesus said,  "I tell you the truth, anyone who will not recieve the kingdom of God like a little Child will never enter it"" ~Mark 10:15

I took so much information away from the conference, so much to reflect on and use. I was not brought up as a Christian, or practiced any faith. I was "married into it" as I say. My husband comes from a very strong Christian background and when I was pregnate with Charleigh he would pray for me and through the pain of my pregnancy, and this is when I first saw the works of the Lord Jesus. Chris has shown me his faith and what it can do, and I believe because of this we have the strong marriage and family we have. This past January I decided that I too wanted to be a part of this faith. I have commited my soul and body to Jesus and his works. I still have a lot of questions and a LOT of learning but one step at a time. We found a wonderful Church to join and we love it. We are slowly becoming involved and Charleigh will be going to preschool there. I cannot wait to see what purpose the Lord has for me and I am really excited about accepting him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment