4/14/2011

Determination

 Sometimes my stubbornness gets the best of me. Sometimes it is the best of me! I have always been a very determined person, when I have a goal or something I want, I put all of my attention, my body and soul into getting what I want.
For example, when I was in high school I was challenged by trying out for my Highs School Dance Team, it took me 3 years of try outs to finally make it. (There was a certain obstacle in my way, but that was her mistake!) My passion was Dance for a long time, I took classes for years!I tried out my freshmen, sophomore and junior year. The last year that I was eligible for try outs before my Senior year, I went into the week of try outs telling myself that I did not want to make the team, that I would just attend try outs to just dance, I think I even wrote that on my try out interview sheet.
However, by the end of the week I wanted to make the team so bad that I was seriously stressing myself out, becoming frustrated when I couldn't stick moves I could do in my sleep. I was determined and practiced outside of try outs for hours, making sure I perfected each routine. That year of Dance Team was the best year I could have ever experienced! I never missed a practice and poured my heart into every performance. I was offered 3 scholarships at the end of the year, unfortunately I passed up all three! Dumb I know, but God knew my fate that summer, and I truly believe it was in his plan, or else I wouldn't be married to the amazing man that I am! (No, Chris wasn't the reason I passed them up, I didn't meet him until after I turned down the offers) That year at our Dance Team Banquet, I was awarded the "Never give up, Never surrender" Award from my peers. That award fits my personality perfectly! 

Whether my goal is something for me, my family or for others I always give myself 100% in everything I do. Right now I am focused on my school, graduating with a bachelors in Early Childhood Development is a huge goal of mine, I am also fully focused on my weight loss, for my personal reasons. There are days where I do just want to give in, but my stubbornness and determination will not allow that to happen! What ever I put my mind to, I allow it to fully consume me. It becomes me, and I become completely determined to finish it.

The past 2 weeks have been hard with my weight loss, I have been yo-yo-ing on the scale, not working out as many days a week as I usually do and have not being paying attention to my portions. On Monday, I choose to stop the trend I was starting and continue back on the right track. The past 3 days I have been working my butt off and really paying attention to how much I eat. I hope that reminding myself that I have to be conscious of what I am doing will allow me to see results...It doesn't happen on it's own. 

Chris finally checked his schedule and we made official plans for our vacation. We have a little over 3 months until our vacation. In those 3 months I want to reach my goal, hit my 50 lbs mark....I only have 19 lbs to lose in 3 months. Its gonna be hard but I know with my determination I will make it! Heck I lost 31 lbs in 3 1/2 months already :)  When I hit the beach in July I want to be confident in which ever swim suit I choose, feel good in my own skin and have my old attitude back! Only 3 months.....I know I can do it!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you!
    Keep up the good work and no matter what be happy with what you have accomplished by the time you go on your vacation!
    You've earned it!
    Biz

    ReplyDelete