3/08/2011

Birthdays & Skinny Jeans :{

I have bypassed my 20 lb weight loss mark and now have lost 21 lbs. I am hoping to lose at least one more lb this week and I only need to lose 2 more lbs by the end of the month to lose my 3 in 30 march goal. Friday is Rylee's birthday party and I bought a new shirt and bomber jacket to wear to it...This past weekend Chris and I went to the mall and I fell in love with an outfit at Maurice's. He told me to just try on the whole outfit so I grabbed the shirt, jeans and jacket and off to the dressing room I went....I learned 2 things trying this outfit on. 

1. I am not made nor look good in skinny jeans...UNLESS I have cute boots on to go over the legs of these jeans...flair or boot-cut for me please!

2. I am completely confused of the sizing of jeans! Before my weightloss I was either in denial and wearing pants way to small for me....or jeans have changed sizes. I have a pair of jeans that I have had for a year, while they were a bit snug they now fit perfect with no muffin top. I can wear a size 11 jeans I haven't fit in for over a year, but the jeans at Maurices that I tried on were a 11/12 and they were a little baggy! That's exciting!

Back to the dressing room and the outfit...I loved the jacket, but being a bargain shopper I couldn't reason with spending 28.00 on the shirt under the jacket...It was just a cotton 3/4 length v-neck shale shirt...so Chris bought me the jacket and I decided to look for a different shirt. One sad note about this jacket...its an XL, the same size I wore before a 21 lb loss...that kind of disappointed me...but the jacket is a smaller jacket, and even when I weighted 125 lbs in High school I wore a large. I was a smidgen disappointed but I am hoping that it will change. I went to JC Penny's and found a shirt for the jacket for 6.99! The jacket is black and the shirt is a dark shale....I love it, but maybe I should have went for a splash of color? Oh well, I can't wait to wear my shirt and jacket to Rylee's party, along with my Jeans (The goal jeans would be awesome but I think I am still about 6-7 lbs away from them) Now I just need to figure out shoes....hmm!  Oh, here is the jacket...

post signature

3 comments:

  1. FYI on pant/jeans sizing.
    You are a woman now.
    You should be looking for jeans that come in even numbers as those are made for women.
    Odd size pants/jeans are made for juniors who obviously haven't developed hips yet.
    Can't wait to see a picture of you in your new jacket...and don't worry about the size on the label I'm sure if Old Navy had the same jacket it'd be a medium there...so don't stress you look great!
    Biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Liz, I was having a hard time with clothes, but went into a woman's 10 and everything fits perfect. Don't worry about the size, every where has there own sizes. I can wear 10's in just about everything, went to Target for free jeans and 12's were too small!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, but I am in denial about my age as well and don't want to leave the junior department! Hahaha! I need an assistant shopper!

    ReplyDelete