12/21/2010

*30 Days of Truth* CATCH UP!

I got behind last week so here are days 17-21!

Day 17: A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
I haven't really read any books that have to deal with serious matters. Most of the things I read are fiction.

Day 18: Your views on gay marriage.
I support. I have a good number of friends that are gay and that has never bothered me and have always been very good friends to me. Why should they not be able to love and marry the person that completes them? To me marriage is a union to each other, a commitment of love. You cant help who you fall in love with, and if that person is who you want to spend the rest of your life with, then you should be able to.

Day 19: What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Honestly, I don't know much about either. I do believe in God, and have been on my own journey to Christianity, and raising my children to know God. Politics is a big haze to me.....I have just never gotten into what it is or what it means, I don't even know what I am (republican, democrat or liberal) or what any of them stand for.

Day 20: Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Well this is the 30 days of truth....and I have to be honest, I have experienced both. I have never been addicted to either and I am not going to be a hypocrite. They are not wise choices, however I think Drugs are more serious than alcohol. I have found my self saying to a certain someone, you will have the same amount of fun with your friends weather you are drunk or not. I think that if someone decides to drink they need to do it responsible and just because you drink every once in a while doesn't mean you need to drink to the point of blacking out when you do get the chance. A drink or 3 is ok, 10 is a bit much!

Day 21: (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do? 

This question brings me back to the time a friend of mine got into a car accident in High school. I wouldn't say we were extremely close but we were working on it. We had a rocky friendship and dated brothers (Which is what brought us together) We tried to be friends to each other while being loyal to our boyfriends and their family. We told each other secrets that ended up hurting each other in the end. However towards the end of both of our relationships with our boyfriends we became closer. She got into a horrible car accident and when I found out I was at the hospital and ever since then I realized that a friendship is more important that any fight, or disagreement or loyalty to a boyfriend. Her and I are still friends today, and although we both have our own lives I know that we will always be friends. I Love you Jilly!

No comments:

Post a Comment