2/04/2011

House of Little Terror Suspects (Pic Heavy)

If I had my child to raise over again
I'd build self-esteem first and the house later
I'd finger paint more and point the finger less
I would do less correcting and more connecting
I'd take my eyes off my watch and watch with my eyes
I would care to know less and know to care more
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites
I'd stop playing serious and seriously play
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars
I'd do more hugging and less tugging
I'd see the oak tree in the acorn more often
I would be firm less often and affirm much more
I'd model less about the love of power
And more about the power of love. 
~Diane Loomans



I try to savor every moment with my girls, I try to lead by example, and see the world as they do with them. I try to discover new things with them, and allow them to plan the day. If they want to do crafts that day we do, if they want to just hang out and watch movies, we do. They are only young once so why not? Why not make the best out of these 5-6 short years they have before school starts and consumes their days. I want to make memories for them, after all that is the best thing we all remember once we are grown.

Although we do have a lot of good days with lots of fun and secret learning, there are the days where I believe the devil snuck in the night before and replace my girls with little terror suspects and they lost their ever lovin' minds I am lucky that those days are few and far between. Those are the challenging days, and are the ones that I have to prove that I am a parent. It is also a reminder of how I am raising my girls. As they get older those days become less frequent and I am thankful for that.


Speaking of growing up, Charleigh isn't the little toddler she once was. She is so incredibly smart and just absorbs so much. Some of the things she says or teaches me just baffles me, things that I did not know a 4 year old could understand. For that I have to Thank her Teachers at school. This school year has been so beneficial to her, she has learned so much already, She can completely write her name without having to tell her what letter comes next, She can count to 25 by herself, and loves to write. Her drawings are so much more detailed with eyebrows, ears, legs, feet, and hands instead of just a head with eyes and a mouth. She can draw shapes, and recognize her name, and her classmates names. Her vocabulary is amazing. Since her school is at our Church she learns lessons of the bible and God has become pretty predominate in our house, she knows who he is and what he expects of us. She loves talking about him and his angels, and tells me about their bible story that week. We have enrolled her into Pre-K for the upcoming school year and I cannot wait to see how much more she grows. I can't believe this October my sweet baby girl will be 5. It just doesn't seem right!


Rylee- My diva, and she doesn't come short of that title. Most people laugh, when I say she is a Diva, I don't think they fully comprehend that I am not joking. She is the pre-Madonna of toddlerhood. During Lunch she has to have the plate she wants...the right utensil or she wont eat. She has to have the sippy cup that she wants or she doesn't drink it. It's Rylee's world and we do as she says or havoc breaks loose. I know I could play the tough cop and not give in but sometimes its a loosing battle and We all know in order to have a smooth day we need to choose the right battles. Maybe its a blessing, for when she is older she will have high enough standards no boy can match her??? I can only hope! Rylee is a diva, but she is also the sweetest little thing (next to her big sis) she is Mommy's girl. and a spitfire! She has been asking about school since last semester, I think ever since seeing sissy go to school she has gotten the courage to want to go. So we have enrolled her into a one day preschool program at Charleigh's school for the upcoming school year!  I am excited for her to learn, and progress the way Char has! Speaking of progression, Rylee has tested out of speech....she has came so far and now she talks a lot, sometimes she wont stop talking. I can understand about 90% of the things she says, what I don't understand Charleigh does and kindly interprets. Which I think is very interesting and goes back to, Can babies understand each other? Hmm.

2 years ago

Not so little anymore :(



Sorry this is so long but it has been a long time since I have updated about them. They are amazing little girls and definitely keep life interesting. They are my world, I love them so much!

Haha

A little girl can be sweeter (and badder) oftener than anyone else in the world. She can jitter around, and stomp, and make funny noises that frazzle your nerves, yet just when you open your mouth she stands there demure with that special look in her eyes. A girl is Innocence playing in the mud, Beauty standing on its head, and Motherhood dragging a doll by the foot.

Alan Marshall Beck
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment