2/17/2011

Life Changes....

Its crazy to see how much changes in 6 months, 1 year...5 years...7 years.. Almost 7 years ago I met the love of my life...I knew shortly after dating that he was the one for me...for him it took a little longer. 7 years later we are married with 2 beautiful little girls and living our lives the way we want. We have an extremely awesome and unique relationship, anything life gives us we make the best out of, together we can do anything! He is my rock and is there to support me, pick me up when I fall, and love me for who I am.  Its funny to sit and think where we were 6 years ago...even 6 months ago. We continue to grow together and more in love with each other everyday.

I decided last year that I would go back to school and get my degree in early childhood education, I started from scratch with no credits to transfer...a year later I am finished with my General Education courses and in a week I start my Major Courses, my first 2 are Into to Education and Childhood Development. I am so excited to start these classes! I am extremely proud of my accomplishments.

Now that I have school under my belt I decided to take this year to focus on myself and what I want in my life. Last year was a rough year in finding myself again, who I wanted to be and my image of who I was were two different people. I had to remember who I was before children and I learned that I am no longer that person, I am now a person with more responsibilities and my actions affect my children. I have to select who I want around them, not to just please myself. I've always had close friends but after High School we all went our separate ways, there are not many of those friends that have children or live here still so finding new friends was a challenge, even though I found some I thought I could be life long friends, didn't turn out to be all glamorous like in the T.V shows. People seem to feel entitled to you, then they become jealous and their feelings get involved. People feel like they need to take sides and push one another away...that's not for me.
So this year is about me taking care of myself, my daughters and my husband, whats best for us. I realized that whats most important to me seem to take a back seat last year, I lost my focus on what I wanted...I forgot what I needed instead of what I wanted.

Now that I have taken over my life again, stepped away from all the drama and isolated myself from anything negative, my life is easy again. I can do whatever I want and not worry about anyone else. I joke with Chris that once again I have no friends and I am a loser that sits at home, but honestly its nice, I have always been independent and I thrive off my indepdency. Sure its nice to see a friend here and there and catch up every once in a while, but its less stressful. For a long while I kept one girl that was still mixed in it on my Facebook friends list, she was always nice to me and a sweet girl, I didn't want to hurt her feelings by deleting her (after all we all know how a facebook break up hurts more than a real one! LOL)  but after so much whining, how she is doomed for all eternity, and the fake-ness I had to remove her...I also blocked a lot of people so that I couldn't see the drama anymore...I pretty much cut off everything from any way, shape or form. I just couldn't be involved anymore. It was tiring. I don't have to worry about whose upset today, why she doesn't like her....ect. I feel like I can breath again.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how tiring drama is. I have no (okay a few) friends and sit at home A LOT of the time. My kids don't need to the drama. I don't need the drama. It's sad that life is really not like The Real Housewives....but then who really wants that drama?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all your accomplishments!
    Congratulations on knowing when enough is enough.
    It's hard to decide when and who to weed out of your life, but sometimes it's weeding out the bad that allows room for the beautiful blossoms to really come through!
    There are many good things ahead so enjoy the ride!
    Biz

    ReplyDelete