2/04/2011

Time for Change?

 For the past 3 weeks I have been sitting at 176. lbs. I have lost a total of 12 lbs and have hit a Plateau.  I think I need to amp up my training a bit. Or something needs to change!

This week I was supposed to progress to 3 min runs followed by 1 minute walks, However since I was sick last week I decided to start Tues. off with a 1/1 run/walk. Yesterday I went up to a 2/1 run/walk, and Sat. I was going to do my 3/1 run/walk. However, my calves are acting up again, and so is my knee. My Tues run felt good. Last nights run was ok in the beginning but after the 2nd set I could barley jog, let alone run. I don't understand how I can run fine one day but when I try to increase my running time My body doesn't agree. Maybe I'm not made to run...or maybe this is something I should try after I lose more weight? I don't know but it is Discouraging, I mentally want to push my self and do it but my body isn't allowing that. I guess fat girls really are not meant for running! LOL

So I'm wondering if its time to move to something else (Like the Zumba Dvd's??) instead of my runs...That would mean my Training would consist of M-W-F Walking 15 min, Yoga, Some weights and sit-ups T-T-S Zumba and weights, Oh I added some weights to my work out...I hate my arms so my Hubs gave me some things I can do with light hand weights to tone my arms. :)


Knowing that we have a trip planned for the end of summer I see that as a good goal date to get in the best shape as possible in 6 months! I want to keep going, I just need to figure out a way to get past this.
I want to look good in a swimsuit for this come late summer!


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Zumba is definitly awesome! I always start my Zumba trainings with the 10 day workout plan your supposed to lose a dress size in 10 days! It totally works I lost inches off my legs, arms, and waist. Then I switch to doing Zumba every other day and something like yoga booty ballet or a bootcamp or Jillians slim in 6 in between so i dont get bored and so Im doing different workouts to hopefully work different muscles. It always works for me I am actually starting this again soon I wanna get back into shape and tone up before my birthday and Im training for a half marathon in the fall!

    Dont get discouraged You are doing awesome by just sticking to your plan not many (meaning me) can stick to something like this I always cheat and then regret it u have dedication and willpower! Good Luck and Have FUn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is when my pictures helped out so much. Plateauing SUCKS!! Seeing the pictures of 187lbs to 164lbs have been so encouraging. On Monday I started the no eating after dinner and have dropped a couple of lbs just this week by changing 1 thing. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was blog hopping and was looking at one of a lady thats a personal trainer. Her number 1 thing she has her clients do is drink super cold water first thing in the morning, throughout the day, and before/after workouts. The colder it is, the more your body has to work which results in burning calories. She said the one first thing when you wake up is key cause it gets your body burning calories right away. Just a little tip I read:) YOU CAN DO IT! And Ill be right here with you girls hopefully by August!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Girls!
    It helps to have your girls support and input! I will try what you said Julie! I usually drink cold water, and I freeze a bottle during the day for workouts so its like slushy with ice. But I will make sure to get a good cup of Ice Cold in the morning.

    Krystal-You are tiny as it is! But I am going to start my Zumba Dvd's I haven't tried them yet!

    Katie- I've been taking pics but I haven't seen a big change yet...however on my scale it has indicated that I have lost 2 % of my body fat and my muscle mass has gone up 2 % so that makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete