1/04/2011

Happy Birthday Mama!

Today is my Mom's birthday! My Dad just called and invited us to dinner....out! I'm a little nervous because I am still figuring this carbs, fats and Calories thing out. They live in a little town 15 minutes from where I live and the restaurant we usually go to is a steak house. I have looked into the nutritional facts of the things I know they serve. Lucky, my in take for the day has been pretty Low, after Breakfast, lunch and snack I am sitting at 597.5 Cals, 28.2 g fat and 71.5 carbs. If I order a lean steak, baked potato, and use only 1/2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp sour cream I should be ok. However, my Dad also mentioned that he bought a cake for my mom....Ice Cream Cake...My one weakness....so I googled the nutritional value on it and I can consume 1 slice (or smaller:)) and still come under most of my limits. It will put my day at 1230.5 cals, (allowed 1500) 55.2 g fat (Allowed 55 so .2 over) and 125.6 carbs (allowed 200)  So dinner is good :) All this research i have learned a few things...Potatoes have 0 g fat, and are not "bad" for you. They do have carbs but it is a complexed carb which means your body works harder to digest it.
I ordered a heart & calorie monitor to wear during my workouts to see how many cals I am actually burning so I am excited to get that and try it out. Later down the road I want to buy a weight scale that also reads body fat percentages and hydration to make sure I am staying hydrated.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it!! Eating out is tough, but knowing the right way to order food is good. Brandon and I order light, just drink water, you can do it!!! Ice cream cake is soooo good!! I had a little piece at my sister's birthday.

    ReplyDelete