1/18/2011

Shin Splints, Cravings and Hobbies...Oh My!

This week has started out sore! Last week I injured my knee during my massive run (It felt oh so good to accomplish, but I paid for it later! ) after talking with my Physical Therapist friend she thought it was inflammation in my knee.  Suggested a knee brace, rest and Ibuprofen. Well a knee brace SUCKS! It makes it almost impossible to bend your knee, run or do anything remotely close to walking! I rested on Sunday, my off day, resumed yoga yesterday and run training today. Then kicked in the shin splints and its equivalence in my calves! I barley made it through my run this morning, I had to walk a couple minutes more than planned but I did finish. After that I stretched for a long time, took a hot bath and relaxed most of the day.

Sitting at home tonight my cravings for soda, pizza and pretty much anything carb heavy hit. I just want to jump into a biscuit and bathe in it! Oh! and shower in soda! But instead I grab a bottle of water and a handful of grapes and tell my cravings to take a hike!

Today I started a new hobby! Loom Knitting :) Its pretty much the neatest thing EVER and of course I am good at it....just sayin'!
Here's my scarf I just started today...




Here's to hoping tomorrow my body gets its self back together, my cravings get in check and I finish my scarf!

Oh and I passed my Nutrition class with a 98.22%....and I currently hold a 4.0 GPA....yea, I'm pretty badass!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment