1/04/2011

Why is Junk food so good?

As I sit to write this blog, I am eating my breakfast...Healthy Choice 100 Cal pack Maple and brown sugar oatmeal and a slim fast shake. Let me revise that I am trying to choke down this slimy chunky bowl of disgusting people call oatmeal. Thankfully my slim fast is going down easier! Last night I decided to make brown rice and chicken with a little bit of soy sauce....brown rice FAIL! I tried 2x to cook it. The first time it was under cooked and gross. I started over and the second time I over cooked it and it was slimy. I cannot do slimy textures....I was able to eat 3 small bites of oatmeal this morning before I couldn't do it anymore....yuck!  Yesterday morning I ate vanilla yogurt 80 cals, and a table spoon of Chocolate chunk granola and that was hard too...I. Hate. Yogurt.  Why is healthy food taste like poop? and Junk food taste so good? Someone needs to do something about that! Oh and I hate bananas...they make me puke. Even the smell :/

What are your go to breakfast health foods?

Today's training was great! I stretched really good this morning since I woke up really sore from the yoga dvd. I did the first Walk/Run plan, Walk or Run for a minute then alternate 8 times. I also did a minute before and after of cool down/warm up walk. A total of 10 minutes-.68 mile and 96 cal burned. Tomorrow Yoga and I have a date :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you feel about cereal, but I start EVERY morning with Raisin Bran Crunch & 2% milk! What kind of brown rice did you get? Was it the kind you cook in a bag? You might want to try that I have more success with it...or if you get a rice cooker that seems to take the guess work out too. Keep up the good work!
    Biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bagels, English Muffins, Special K Cereal...I eat a lot of oatmeal so I am no help. You guys should come over some time and my hubby can teach you how to cook Brown Rice.

    ReplyDelete