1/22/2011

Week 3

Today is Day 21 of my journey. I am now 3 weeks into my transformation and I come to celebrate this post with great news! To date I have lost 12 lbs. I reached my 3 in 30 goal of losing 5 lbs this month and have 3 lbs left to lose to hit my 90 day goal :)  I have lost 10 total inches. 3 in my hips, 2 in my waist and 1 1/2 in each thigh and 1 in. in each arm! I have one week left and I have completed a month.

Probably the hardest part of this was starting and committing. As each day progresses I look forward to training and it hasn't been easy. I have pushed my body when it was ready to give up. I have done this without any diet fad or magic pills. I worked hard to get where I am and I cant wait to see my progress in the months to come. Right now losing is the hard part. I know that once I hit my goal weight the rest will be easy.

At first I thought the hardest part would be choosing what to eat. I have only ate out 2 times in the last 3 months, and have not had a single sip of soda or tea. I drink only water, and an occasional gatorade. My meals are pretty easy, I tend to eat a hearty breakfast, Lunch consist of a salad or sandwich on either pita bread or deli thins with light mayo, turkey and ham. Dinners are usually chicken, with veggies and most of the time I skip the carbs (Mac and cheese or pasta). I read a "rule" that a Dr. gave another women trying to lose weight, "No white at nigh" meaning no breads, pastas, heavy carbs after 4 pm. Your body can't burn those off before bed time. 

Motivation hasn't been to bad for me, maybe its because I know that in order to see that number drop, I have to put the work in. Or because working out makes me feel good...all those endorphins. But something that has helped me get back on the "horse" so to speak was this little beauty:

post signature

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Keep up the good work! What workouts are you using if i may ask?
    Thanks for stopping my blog, I'm a new follower of yours as well! :)

    dominiquescraftcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dominique! Thanks for following. I am currently training for a 5k, following the Couch to 5k program, on my non-running days I do a yoga DVD Called Jillian Micheals Yoga Meltdown.
    Here is the link to my plan for my "Transformation"
    http://lilnelsonfam.blogspot.com/2011/01/so-i-decided-to-blog-more-about-my-plan_03.html

    Thanks again for following :)

    ReplyDelete