1/05/2011

~Vitamins and supplements~

I decided to wait on any weight loss supplements like protein powders and fat burners. 1. They make me jittery and 2. This process isn't something I started to loose weight fast but to create change in my life and learn how to eat and exercise my body. But I do have a couple of vitamin and mineral supplements I take. The ones I picked I choose for personal reasons. The first one I take is a Multivitamin. Which everyone should take to make sure your body gets the nutrients it needs to function. In my nutrition class I have learned a lot about vitamins and minerals our bodies need that we may not have realized. I also learned that a lot of minerals our bodies need are in true forms that never change. Like the sodium in salt is the same sodium found in the earth. Just like magnesium is that which is found in the earths crust. True forms. Now I am not saying go out side and start licking rocks and ground them into powder and sprinkle on your food. Just take a multivitamin :)

The one I take is Equate Women's Pro-active multivitamin, and cost 6.00 at walmart, compared to one a day it has the exact same ingredients and levels. You only have to take 1 a day. The next supplement I take is Fish Oil. It is very beneficial as it contains Omega-3's, which is good for your brain, heart and even skin!  Just Click on Fish Oil to see detailed benefits :) his fish oil was 6.00 at walmart...they have a double bottle package for 9.00, you take 1 a with each meal (3 a day). The 3rd supplement I take is Cinnamon. Cinnamon helps break down sugars in your body so that your body doesn't store as many. Check out Cinnamon benefits Here (I choose this link because it mentioned K-State :) EMAW!!) You take 2 cinnamon pills 2x a day. The last supplement I take is Green Tea....green tea has benefits that include heart health and fights off disease. The best way to reap the benefits of Green tea is by Drinking it....but I cant stand the taste so I take it in pill form! Green Tea. Take 2 pill 2x a day, My green tea bottle was 3 or 4.00 at walmart! I have been taking these for 4 days now and I have noticed my energy has been higher, I feel more alert and less sluggish by mid day.

2 comments:

  1. Protein supplements won't be effective if they're not combined with exercise and proper diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your input, I do exercise and eat healthy!

    ReplyDelete